Monday, November 18, 2013

Book #73 Revealed by P.C. and Kristin Cast

I wasn't going to write anything about this book since it is #11 in a series and I really don't like writing about individual books in a series BUT.... I was very excited for this book and ended up pretty disappointed by it.

**Spoilers** I think the overall story line was fine but the execution was just lacking in general. The first few chapters felt like an after school special with Zoey's band of friends being so nice and agreeing on everything. You would think I would have been relived when Zoey started having anger issues and lashing out at those closest to her but it was just too much. This group of polar opposites and clashing personalities goes from sickeningly sweet togetherness to ignoring the serious issues boiling over in their leader? Hmm

The infamous Neferet is back with nothing but revenge on the mind but, except for one exciting moment in the beginning,  her storyline is focused on her getting back into her physical form. So even though you are excited by what her return will bring to the group, not much happens at all. A little back story on Neferet... her in the present day reconnecting with the darkness... all very not exciting.

Don't get me wrong there were some parts I enjoyed quite a bit: drunk Aurox, Stark talking to a drunk Aurox, Zoey and Aurox in the cafeteria... but that just isn't enough. I feel like the plot line is repeating and we desperately need some new material in here. After reading eleven books and with only one more book still due in the series I am going to hang in there and read that last one when it comes out and hope wholeheartedly for some kind of redemption.

No comments: