Sunday, June 3, 2012

Book #26 Week #22, Fifty Shades Freed by E. L. James

So here we are at the end... I had to buy a copy of Fifty Shades Freed because I just couldn't wait! (now I have to buy the first two can't have an incomplete collection).

Freed begins on Ana and Christian's honeymoon. Everything starts off well and happy maybe too happy. You know something is going to go wrong eventually. Someone wants Christian dead but who and why?

Let's just skip to my thoughts, being the third book in the series if you haven't read it I doubt you'd be reading my post about it. So here we go:

I was disappointed that the book opened on the honeymoon and not the wedding. It was nice to read the memories of the event but I rather have read the events in order instead of going back and forth.

It annoyed me to read articles or reviews complaining that Fifty Shades is not a BD/S&M book. Obviously it is not, it's about a man who lives that lifestyle but is trying to adjust to a woman who is not into that lifestyle. Of course the sex scenes are going to be toned down.

I didn't like the Twilight character similarities however I loved that Ana was a strong, independent woman who can handle herself and didn't need someone to save her so unlike Bella.

I really loved the epilogues. I love getting a glimpse into life after the main story is done.

On a funny note I did notice that Christian does mention having anal sex with Ana a few times but they never get there. I was cringing towards the end thinking it might come up when Ana is pregnant but thankfully it didn't. 

I'll add more if I can think of anything.

Quote:
“He makes me graceful, that's his skill. He makes me sexy, because that's what he is. He makes me feel loved, because in spite of his fifty shades, he has a wealth of love to give.”

No comments: