Friday, December 2, 2011

Books I have read

Let's just get this one out of the way: Twilight yes I have read the series. My husband bought me the first book years ago. We had saw Stephenie Meyer talking about the books on some morning show, we both thought they sounded interesting and forgot all about it, he surprised me months later. I read the first book in one day and reread it that night until I could get to the store to buy the second and third book. Then I had to wait almost a year for the fourth book. I even read her other book The Host.

I enjoyed them all. Yes the writing is not great but what do you expect from someone who didn't set out to be an author in the first place. Plus authors even great authors have editors! What the heck happened to hers? Anyway its a big  pet peeve of mine when people give you crap for liking certain things, we all enjoy popcorn films and Twilight is the book version of a popcorn film, you don't expect it to be award winning but you like it all the same. I know I can't convince someone to like Twilight so I won't even try. If you don't like it that is fine I am sure we can find something in common we both enjoy : )

Moving on I love me some Stephen King. I am currently on the last book in the amazing Dark Tower series, just waiting for the hubby to catch up so I can keep going. I like Dean Koontz. I have read a lot of his books but he is hit-and-miss with me (more hit than miss but still). I LOVE Christopher Moore! He is too funny, A Dirty Job is hilarious!

I have read many books, my www.goodreads.com list has over 50 on it and that's just from what I can remember reading. My next post will be about the book I just finished this past weekend.

No comments: