Thursday, August 29, 2013

Book #45 A Four Letter Word by Michelle Lee


Won this book from goodread's First Reads! Shipped fast, signed by author and came with a matching book mark.

After reading the prologue in 'A Four Letter Word' I immediately thought to myself "yup know the ending to this one". Sure this is your typical, predictable love story however, good stories are good stories. Even if the subject has been repeated time and time again the story itself can be different and interesting. I did not expect to get engrossed in this book but was shocked at how quickly I finished it.

Unlike most love stories I related a lot to this one. After seven years of friendship my best guy friend confessed he had been in love with me the entire time, we celebrated our 10th anniversary this year. The characters were a bit cliche and a bit immature at times but overall I liked them all. And I was pleasantly surprised at the twist in this story that I did not see coming at all!

I have seen some reviews slamming this book for being Twilight fanfiction and honestly, who cares?!?! Lots of works be it literature, film, music or art are inspired by other works. Why would anyone discourage others just because they got an idea from somewhere else? You never know, some of these fanfiction writers might go on to write some wonderful original works just because they took at shot pulling from another story they loved. Maybe if it wasn't for that original book, they would never had tried writing their own stories at all. Lift one another up, not tear each other down.

No comments: