Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Book #44 Slip by Leslie J. Portu

Won this book through goodreads from first reads program!! Which by the way was sent by the author herself, arrived very quickly and with a cute heart-shaped personalized note inside. Very sweet touch. On to the book:

Soon to be seventeen year old Vivien is falling in love for the first time. Due to a rocky childhood she is a very reserved and guarded girl making her first real relationship a little tough to handle. Throw in the handsome, young and understanding exotic French substitute teacher and things get more complicated than ever. He befriends Vivien and in her quest to open up, try new things and finally let people in she turns a blind eye to the dangers right in front of her.

I LOVED this book! Two nights in a row I had to force myself to put it down so I could get some sleep. I thought the characters were complex enough to be consistently interesting and the story line was exciting even in the more mundane parts.

I cannot wait to read more in this series or more from Leslie J. Portu in general. I must add I did not see an editor listed and was pleasantly surprised to see very little, maybe even no, grammar or spelling errors.

No comments: