Monday, January 30, 2012

Book #4 Week #4, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

Finally! I was able to pick up a copy of The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest at my local library on Friday. Could not put it down!

We left off in the last book with Lisbeth being shot in the head. Now we pick up with her in serious condition in the hospital. While trying to heal she must also work on a way to clear herself of murder charges as well as some other minor charges. This proves to be rather difficult as she is confined to her hospital room with no contact to the outside world except through her attorney and the hospital staff.

Meanwhile Mikael Blomkvist and other Lisbeth supports are working around the clock to clear Lisbeth's name and also expose a secretive government organization that will rock all of Sweden. This is where the story gets good. Many characters were added in the last book and more come into play this time around as well. With these new characters come their back stories and information on how some areas of  Sweden's government function.

I found myself very much engrossed with The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, the storyline is fantastic and engaging. Here you have the media working with the police to take down this secret agency all the while the agency is working to sweep the whole fiasco under the rug! Who will come out on top is the question.

Stieg Larsson did a wonderful job wrapping up the trilogy and answering all those burning questions that are brought out in the first two books. I loved the ending. My only wish is that we knew what ever happened to Camilla but I guess that will always be a mystery. Haven't watched the movie yet but I will update when I do.

No comments: