Friday, October 18, 2013

Book #68 Fall Into Me by Julia London

I won this book through first reads on goodreads.
This book was previously published as American Diva.

Audrey LaRue is a brand new pop star still getting use to her new life. While being commissioned for a private party concert weekend Audrey meets Jack, he is handsome and treats her like a normal person something Audrey sorely needs. Audrey tries to forgot about Jack and focus on her career and her long time boyfriend Lucas. The spark in their relationship has begun to fizzle as Lucas has taken control of Audrey's career and seems more interesting in using her stardom to launch his own music career than in his love for her. Conflict arises as Audrey starts receiving threatening letters and Lucas hires Jack to head Audrey's security team on her up coming two month national tour.

I haven't read the first two books in this series but that wasn't a problem at all. Very easy to jump right in but I think I will pick up the first two books in the series. Honestly at first I thought I wasn't going to like this book, the pop star diva thing isn't my cup of tea generally, but I ended up enjoying it a lot.

I wanted to strangle various characters at various times in the story but that isn't always a bad thing, it adds drama! The love interest side of the story was exciting and the sexual tension/moments were pretty hot. However I was a little disappointed that the suspenseful part (the stalker issue) wasn't very suspenseful. There is no mystery on the identity of the stalker and the whole stalker storyline takes a backseat to the romance/relationship drama. At times I even forgot this conflict even existed.

So if you are looking for a whodunit tale this book is not for you. If you are into romance and sexual tension, Fall Into Me fits the bill.

No comments: