Sunday, October 7, 2012

Book #55 week #40, A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

Now here is a book I felt compelled to read because EVERYONE has read it. A Thousand Splendid Suns follows the intertwining lives of two women in Afghanistan over 30 years or so. Ugh it was so depressing at times but I still liked it a lot.

I honestly don't know if I can write a review for this book just yet. It was too sad and I am not ready to feel that sad again. Plus I have more posts written and waiting on this to go up first so this is it for now. I hope to come back to this soon though. 

Quotes:
“A man's heart is a wretched, wretched thing. It isn't like a mother's womb. It won't bleed. It won't stretch to make room for you.” 

“Learn this now and learn it well, my daughter: Like a compass needle that points north, a man's accusing finger always finds a woman. Always.”

No comments: